Saturday, April 4, 2009

Spanish Resources Online

My Favorite Resources:


Online Resources for Teachers of Spanish

Teach-nology

Google Image Search


The three resources above are just a few examples of the websites I have used this year to improve upon my teaching abilities. Whenever I feel stuck or confused I take to the web. These websites are just examples of what is out there that I have accessed and have become important references for me.

Online Resources for Teachers of Spanish is a site created by an individual teacher that lists units she teaches in Spanish I. Each of the pages attached to this site have been created by this teacher and outline ideas for activities that she uses in her classroom. I originally found this website when looking for help on a unit about food and I used her idea about having students create a menu. Since that time I have gone back to her website on other occasions and I look forward to incorporating more of her ideas next year.

Teach-nology is a database that I use when looking for help on many of the units I teach. It lists 56 different websites for Spanish lesson plans many of which I have accessed this year and found to be very helpful. One great activity I found that my students absolutely loved was on how to teach colors. Each student is given a slip of each color that is taught and they must put them in order on their desk as you recite colors. You recite colors more and more quickly as they progress.

Google Image Search is not much a secret nor is it specific to teaching Spanish but I had to include it on my list as it is the website I use most frequently. It is incredible. Whenever I teach new verbs I find pictures that represent the verb and have my students identify large images in the front of the classroom and then create flashcards using these images. We then use the flashcards in a number of activities. I would be a much poorer teacher if Google Image Search did not exist, as students frequently point out my inability to draw. I also recently used Google images to create an immersion lesson plan about animals. I could go on and on. I love it!

No comments: