Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Anthro-Tech

I find that the best way to learn of a new culture is to immerse yourself in it, so fo find out about my school's technology culture I went underground, disguised myself as a teacher, and listened to the word on the street. (Okay, that part was easy because I am a teacher and this is stuff I need to know.) In this manner, I found out the following things.
  • Despite the fact that I have only been teaching here for a month, I understand the technology policies as well as most.
  • Official policies are scarce.
  • New administration means everyone learns together.
  • Our technology capabilities are growing.
  • Everyone is free to share their input about technology and all advice will be considered.
  • We are getting ready to spend lots of money on new technology.
  • Ms. Fierst, the High School technology leader, is a great woman to have on my side.
  • Jason, the techno guru at my school, will be getting lots of cookies from me this year (thanks for the hint.)

Right now it seems like things are just getting organized. Hopefully, as a team our school can come together and figure it out. We do use technology frequently as it is, but with some upgrades, we can make it far more applicable to our students.

To view my Anthro Tech report please visit http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dhgrrdcq_3g2vbmgcs&hl=en

No comments: