Saturday, November 29, 2008

Educational Philosophy

In creating a movie that outlines my educational philosophy I was able to identify what is important too the education of my students . I took this philosophy and paired it with pictures of student work that I thought exemplified their accomplishments. Using MovieMaker I developed an audio/visual representation of my thoughts. Please read my Philosophy Statement below or watch the video at this link.

Philosophy Statement:
It is my philosophy that the classroom is not only a place to study the content area being taught, but an environment in which students are free to explore their individual capabilities and interests. As a high school Spanish teacher it is my job to help my students become active learners as we explore the distinct cultures and vocabulary of Spanish speaking regions. Students must be encouraged to, and supported in, taking risks, making mistakes, and learning from their errors. Laughter and a sense of comfort are key components to student achievement and success. If teachers are successful at building a trusting relationship with their students, there is no end to what can be accomplished together. Each student must be an equal participant and actively work to broaden their world view and communication abilities.

No comments: