Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Energy Conservation Project Video Presentation

It was interesting to have to video tape myself giving a presentation of my Energy Conservation Project. What I found is that my apartment really would need better lighting if I were to teach there on a regular basis. I also decided that it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. On a more serious note, however, here is a list of my strengths and weaknesses.

Strengths:

  • I stay on topic most of the time.
  • I maintain a casual atmosphere while giving important information
  • I address the topic in a logical manner
  • My voice is loud enough and my words are easily understandable

Weaknesses:

  • I think that I move my feet too much while presenting
  • Some of my hand gestures are overkill
  • My voice kind of shakes due to nerves
  • I presented something that didn’t correspond with one of the slides by mistake
  • I turn around to look at the slide behind me too often

In general, I think that my presentation was okay. In the future, I should have note cards when presenting information for three reasons. 1) It might cut down on the hand movement. 2) This strategy would make it more likely that I don’t present the wrong information on the wrong slide. 3) I won’t have to turn around to look at the information I am presenting anymore. It might also help with nerves but in reality, I am not nervous in front of my class. A video camera is a different situation though.


Other notes: I should invest in a better digital camera so that I could have done this in one recording rather than three. If you would like to see my presentation the links are below.
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3

No comments: